Povidone Iodine and FLCCC I-MASK+ Protocol for COVID-19
10% Povidone Iodine is available OTC (Over the Counter) without a prescription at any drug store for a few dollars. Here is the link: Povidone 10% Iodine on Amazon
Note: This 10% Povidone Iodine must be diluted by one tenth, to 1% strength
before use as a mouth wash, otherwise it is too strong and irritating.
Dilute by adding 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the 10% Povidone Iodine into a
full glass of water (250-300 ml). This will make the product diluted enough
to use as a mouth rinse, or gargle, (approximately 1.0 to 1.2 %)
2 tablespoons = 30ml povidone iodine
1 glass water = 250-300 ml
Dr. McCullough recommends routine use of this mouthwash on a daily basis, and especially after contact with large indoor groups.
Dr Peter Breggin Interview with Dr Peter McCullough on Brighteon discussing COVID, vaccines, early treatment, prevention with Povidone Iodine mouth wash etc:
FLCCC (Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care) I-MASK+ Protocol
All the component medicines are FDA-approved (except ivermectin), inexpensive, readily available and have been used for decades with well-established safety profiles.
- Gargle mouthwash: 2 x daily – gargle (do not swallow) antiseptic mouthwash with cetylpyridinium chloride (e.g. Scope mouthwash™, Crest mouthwash, Colgate mouthwash) or povidone/iodine 1 % solution as alternative (e.g. Betadine® Antiseptic Sore Throat Gargle™).
- Chronic Prevention: 0.2 mg/kg per dose (take with or after a meal) — twice a week for as long as disease risk is elevated in your community (Ref)
- Post COVID-19 Exposure Prevention: 0.4 mg/kg per dose (take with or after a meal) — one dose today, repeat after 48 hours.
- Vitamin D3: 1000–3000 IU/day. (Amazon) (iHerb)
- Vitamin C: 500 - 1,000 mg BID (twice daily) (Amazon) (iHerb)
- Quercetin: 250 mg daily. (Amazon) (iHerb)
- Zinc: 30 - 40 mg/day (elemental zinc). Zinc lozenges are preferred. (Amazon) (iHerb)
- Melatonin: 6 mg before bedtime (causes drowsiness). (Amazon)
- Nigella Sativa 40mg/kg daily (black seed) - To be used if ivermectin not available or added to ivermectin for optimal prevention.
- High risk Individuals: > 60 years with co-morbidities (hypertension, diabetes, chronic lung disease, chronic kidney disease), obesity, long term care facilities, etc.
- Post COVID-19 exposure: To use if a household member is COVID-19 positive, or you have prolonged exposure to a COVID-19 positive patient without wearing a mask.
- Precautionary Note: Ivermectin has a number of potentially serious drug-drug interactions. Please check for potential drug interaction at Ivermectin Drug Interactions - Drugs.com. The most important drug interactions occur with cyclosporin, tacrolimus, anti-retroviral drugs, and certain anti-fungal drugs.
- Due to the possible drug interaction between quercetin and ivermectin (may increase ivermectin levels), these drugs should not be taken simultaneously (i.e. should be staggered morning and night).
- Ivermectin is also lipophilic and therefore, bioavailability is maximised on a full stomach; or best to be taken with meal.
- Vitamin D3 RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) is 800–1000 IU/day. The safe upper-dose daily limit is likely < 4000 IU/day. Vitamin D deficiency has been associated with an increased risk of acquiring COVID-19 and from dying from the disease. Vitamin D supplementation may therefore prove to be an effective and cheap intervention to lessen the impact of this disease, particularly in vulnerable populations, i.e. the elderly and obese.
- When Is the Best Time to Take Vitamin D? Morning or Night? It is possible that increasing vitamin D levels during the day may act, in part, as a signal that suppresses melatonin generation (source). Therefore, it's better to take vitamin D (with meal) during the day and melatonin to be taken just before bedtime.
- It is likely that vitamin C and quercetin have synergistic prophylactic benefit. Quercetin should be used with caution in patients with hypothyroidism and TSH levels should be monitored.
- Please consult with a qualified doctor and only use human ivermectin. Ivermectin for animals contain excipients (binding and storage compounds such as polyethylene glycol (PEG)) that are known to cause liver failure in high doses.
- Antiviral mouthwash: Gargle 3 x daily (do not swallow; must contain chlorhexidine, povidone-iodine, or cetylpyridinium chloride). (e.g. Scope mouthwash™, Crest mouthwash, Colgate mouthwash, Betadine® Antiseptic Sore Throat Gargle)
- Iodine Nasal Spray: Use 1 % povidone iodine commercial product as per instructions 2–3 x daily. If 1 %-product not available, must first dilute the more widely available 10 %-solution and apply 4–5 drops to each nose every 4 hours. (No more than 5 days in pregnancy)
- Ivermectin: 0.4–0.6 mg/kg per dose (take with or after meals) — one dose daily, take for 5 days or until recovered. (Find a Doctor). Use upper dose range if: 1) in regions with more aggressive variants; 2) treatment started on or after day 5 of symptoms or in pulmonary phase; or 3) multiple comorbidities/risk factors. (Ref)
- and/or Nitazoxanide: 500 mg 2 x daily for 5 days after meals. Combine with ivermectin (preferred) or substitute if ivermectin is not available. (Nitazoxanide is often unavailable or high-priced in the USA) (Ref).
- Aspirin: 325 mg/day unless contraindicated. (Amazon)
- Vitamin D3: 5,000 IU daily. Preferred forms if available: Calcitriol (Rocaltrol) 0.5 mcg on day 1, then 0.25 mcg daily for 7 days – or Calcifediol 0.5 mg on day 1, then 0.2 mg on days 3 + 7, then 0.2 mg weekly until recovered.
- Melatonin: 10 mg before bedtime (causes drowsiness). (Amazon)
- Vitamin C: 500 - 1,000 mg BID (twice daily) (Amazon) (iHerb)
- Quercetin: 250 mg twice a day. (Amazon) (iHerb)
- Zinc: 100 mg/day. Zinc lozenges are preferred. (Amazon) (iHerb)
- Optional: Betadine nasal spray applied 3 times a day (Ref) (Amazon)
- Optional: Xlear Nasal Spray with Xylitol: use twice a day (Ref) (Amazon)
- Optional: Azithromycin 250 mg twice a day. (Ref) (Find a Doctor).
- Optional: Bromhexine 8 mg three times a day (Ref) (Lazada Malaysia*)
Consider fluoxetine (Prozac) 30mg daily for 10 days as an alternative (it is often better tolerated).
Avoid if patient is already on an SSRI.
- Combining fluvoxamine and melatonin may significantly increase the blood levels and effects of melatonin (Drugs.com). You can check for other potential drug interactions with fluvoxamine at Fluvoxamine Drug Interactions - Drugs.com.
- Some individuals who are prescribed fluvoxamine experience acute anxiety which needs to be carefully monitored for and treated by the prescribing clinician to prevent rare escalation to suicidal or violent behavior.
- Face Masks - Must wear cloth, surgical, or N95 mask (without valve) in all indoor spaces with non-household persons. Must wear a N95 mask (without valve) during prolonged exposure to non-household persons in any confined, poorly ventilated area.
- Social Distancing - Until the end of the COVID-19 crisis, we recommend keeping a minimum distance of approx. 2 m / 6 feet in public from people who are not from your own household.
- Wash Hands - We recommend, after a stay during and after outings from home (shopping, sub - way etc.), a thorough hand cleaning (20–30 sec. with soap), or also to use a hand disinfectant in between.