Dr Peter McCullough: Povidone Iodine, Oral and Nasal Hygiene (2023)
Dr. Peter McCullough is an internist, cardiologist, epidemiologist, a full professor of medicine at Texas A&M College of Medicine in Dallas, USA. He also has a master's degree in public health and is known for being one of the top five most-published medical researchers in the United States and is the editor of two medical journals.
- Omicron variant XBB found to be resistant to monoclonal antibody treatments (New England Journal of Medicine. Dec 2022)
- What really killed COVID-19 patients: It wasn't a cytokine storm, suggests study (2023)
Many have asked which solutions, mixtures, and frequencies should be used?
One should be reassured that is far more important to use some form of nasal and oral topical therapy as opposed to letting the infection take its course and ultimately invade the lungs and the internal organs.
- hydrogen peroxide,
- colloidal silver,
- Scope and
1) nasal solutions should be comfortable and not sting with sufficient dilution,
2) sniffed far back into the sinuses and then spit out through the mouth (often causes coughing or mild choking), done at least twice per nostril per session,
3) oral gargles should be for 30 seconds and then spit out. For detailed descriptions of products and solutions please visit one of several websites to get this practical information. (R)
Oropharyngeal viricidal therapy has been demonstrated in supportive studies and randomized trials to:
1) prevent infection after suspected exposure (twice daily),
2) reduce the period of infectivity when ill, and
3) attenuate the progression of disease and reduce the need for oxygenation and hospitalization (six times daily).
Note: This 10% Povidone Iodine must be diluted by one tenth, to 1% strength before use as a mouth wash, otherwise it is too strong and irritating. Dilute by adding 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the 10% Povidone Iodine into a full glass of water (250-300 ml). This will make the product diluted enough to use as a mouth rinse, or gargle, (approximately 1.0 %).
2 tablespoons = 30ml povidone iodine
1 glass water = 300 ml
Dr. McCullough recommends routine use of this mouthwash on a daily basis, and especially after contact with large indoor groups.
Dr Peter Breggin Interview with Dr Peter McCullough on Brighteon discussing COVID, vaccines, early treatment, prevention with Povidone Iodine mouth wash etc:
Povidone-iodine is ranked no. 3 in this COVID-19 early treatment mortality drug league table below.
The group of patients used 1% PVP-I [One per cent Povidone Iodine Solution] have shown tremendously reduced mortality, morbidity and hospital as well as financial burden in this covid situation.
A study by Avinash Bidra found complete inactivation of the virus after 15 seconds of gargling with a 1% Povidone Iodine Solution. According to the authors, Povidone Iodine (1%) solution is “rapidly virucidal” at all dilutions tested.
Povidone-iodine is a complex of iodine and povidone. It has from 9%-12% of iodine on the dry basis. (source)
Importantly, Neal Naito (M.D., M.P.H., a former director of public health for the U.S. Navy) stresses that povidone-iodine solutions sold as skin disinfectants are NOT suitable for gargling as they contain potentially harmful ingredients that should not be ingested.
“It’s critical that people not gargle with skin disinfectant solutions, including those that contain povidone-iodine,” he says. So, when using povidone-iodine for gargling, be sure to look for solutions such as Betadine formulated specifically as a sore throat gargle, not products intended for cuts and wound care. (source)
Early treatment protocols with demonstrated effectiveness include:
- Dr Peter McCullough Early Treatment Protocol
- The Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance's (FLCCC's) prevention and early at-home treatment protocol. They also have a post-vaccine syndrome protocol. Find doctors who can prescribe ivermectin here.
- Zelenko Protocol
- Dr George Fareed and Dr Brian Tyson Early Treatment Protocol
- America's Frontline Doctors
- 1% Povidone Iodine: Betadine Gargle and Mouthwash (Amazon)
- 0.45% Povidone Iodine | Betadine Sore Throat Spray (Amazon)
- Saline Nasal Spray: Amazon Basic Care Premium Saline Nasal Moisturizing Spray
- Amber Glass 1 oz Nasal Sprayer. EMPTY, Refillable, Travel Sized, Quality Glass for Saline Applications.
Z-Stack SupplementIn an effort to make it easier for patients, Dr Zelenko has developed an oral supplement that contains all four key ingredients (which was based on his Nobel Prize-nominated Zelenko Protocol): Quercetin, vitamin D3, C and zinc. It’s referred to as 'Z-Stack Supplement.
The cost of the Z-STACK vitamin cocktail is $55 per bottle for a one month supply.